If you have short hair, the truth is that hearing about any hair treatment doesn’t make you jump out full of happiness because of all the commercials and publicity with all those models with their lengthy hair and gorgeous hair, but that does not mean that highlights will look bad on your short hair. And the truth is that highlighting short hair is not very simple and effective taking into consideration that there is less space to work with although don not worry, there are ways to do it and you will look amazingly.
Plus, you can jazz up your style by only adding this cool and amazing highlights to your short hair.
Also! Age is in no way an excuse to say that you can’t change your look or try something new, au contraire, you should always try to change your look if you feel like it.
A makeover will make you feel good with yourself
Remember that your stylist is your best friend at the moment of having a change of look in your hair, and that they can place and do the highlights the way you want, and there are always a wide variety of options that could cover everything you have always wanted to have in your hair.
And all you have to do is get out of the ordinary and start thinking outside of the box.
If your you count with professionals that know how to do their job, it is worth a shot, and you can trust them with your hair, always listening to them if they recommend you anything as this is what they know and have studied, so trusting them is a great choice.
In the following lines of this article we will show you everything that your short hair with highlights can offer you.
You have multiple options to enhance your beauty with highlights for your short hair
For starters, renew the look of your mane by covering with highlights.
Learn how you can get the hair with the highlights you want and need to light up and frame your face instantly.
Now, if you want a change of look by dyeing your hair, but don’t really want to go for a drastic change then highlights are the ideal solution to achieve a super bright effect, in addition to many other advantages such as: making your hair seem brighter, add depth to your short hair and, above all, harmonizing and softening your traits immediately.
The best thing is? Highlights have such a wide variety and are so versatile that they will fit you no matter what hair color you have, the only thing that is left to do is finding the right tone.
If you do your research you will find that there are many techniques to get beautiful highlights for your short hair, the important thing is that the tone you choose and the thickness of the strands will make it look seamless and natural, try to choose a color that is not too different from your base color.
But, if you are looking for a radical change, then go all over it; choose the thicker strands, especially at the top of your hair, or on the other hand you can even try to choose a color that’s completely different from your base color.
At the end, the important thing is that you end up happy and confident with the results you get.
The best shades to work with
- To have a great look with your blonde short hair you should keep in mind what the best tones and shades are for you and your base hair color. Also take into consideration then undertones, if you have warm skin you should go for warm tones as well, and if you are cool toned you should stay within the cool tones range. For blonde hair, choosing the right tone for your highlights is definitely one of the easiest hairs to choose the right highlight color, as it will look natural. Your blonde short hair will look awesome and natural if you only apply a lighter blonde shade, only two or three, to your base color and you will have awesome results!
Either way we are going to be giving you some shades for your blonde highlights.
If you have platinum blonde hair there is almost no way to go lighter than that, so what you can do is doing the contrary by applying lowlights and deeper blonde shades.
If what you have is light blonde hair the best idea is to try anything lighter than your hair color, as you have tons of freedom when it comes to highlights.
And if you have medium to dark blonde hair the best for you is to add honey or golden highlights.
- Brown short hair has such a wide variety of shades and tones by itself that it could be difficult to choose the correct shade by yourself, don’t be shy to ask your stylist! So if you have light brown hair, we recommend you to try some blonde highlights as they will give you a ‘wow’ factor as well as lightening your face and hair tone! And if you have dark brown hair your best option is to apply some tone on tone highlights, asking your colorist for highlights that are lighter than your base color and to layer different tones of that shade will add vibrancy and depth to your dark brown short hair.
Golden blonde highlights will create a stunning contrast with your naturally dark hair and give you a quick and easy change of look.
Rose gold highlights are technically light brown tinted with pink and it works perfectly with brown hair adding a nice shine and a hint of color that will make you look wonderful at every hour of the day.
Furthermore, if you are looking for a more natural look and you just want to add the smallest hint of a highlight the greatest trick is to highlight your hair with a dye that’s two or three shades lighter, this will give you a beauty that cannot be matched, plus they will add depth and volume to your hair, so if that’s what you’ve been looking for, these are perfect for you!
- Red short hair: If you have red hair the best option is to do just like the blond haired girls out there, pick a highlight shade that is at least two tones lighter than your natural red hair to have the best and most natural highlights that you can think about. Or if your short hair is naturally light then you can go to the other side and instead of doing some highlights do some lowlights that are a few shades darker than your base color to have that highlight look without highlights, take into consideration that lowlights need more maintenance than highlights.
Want to know how to make these beautiful highlights? Learn how right here!
Try to always go for golden or warm colors that will best suit your naturally red short hair and will make it look natural and with more dimension.
You can also add some blonde highlights into your red hair and, if you can’t even choose what color you want to add why not try multicolored highlights, which can go from some shades lighter than your base color to blonde and even fantasy colors.
Remember that there really are no rules to dye your hair, and even if there are rules you know what they say; rules were made to be broken!
- Black short hair: If you want to add some light and movement to your black short hair, then adding highlights to it will do the trick. You just have to make sure that your stylist knows how work with your hair to give it the best results you can have. If you don’t know what shades should be your highlights here are some that we swear will make you look the best. If you are going for a natural sun kissed look then you should try some brown highlights, as brown is technically the next shade from brown they will look great, caramel highlights are also a great color to add to your black hair for a natural and beautiful look.
There is really not a color that will look bad on black hair, so you have complete freedom about what color you can dye your mane’s highlights.
This said, you can add some muted fantasy colored highlights with your black hair will give you a nice and subtle change of look that will completely pop out in the direct sun light.
And if you are more of a bold change of look then you can do some straight bright colored lights, all the way from auburn, to blue, pink and purple.
- All hair colors: Highlights are such a delicate thing to do, if you choose a color that is too light or the wrong undertone and they won’t look natural or it will be easier to see any mistakes in the blending process. But don’t let these things stop you from getting your highlights! If you really want to have some highlights but are afraid that they will not look natural, then why don’t we think outside the box and make them look completely unnatural by doing a color that only cartoons have!
Think about it, have you never thought or even wanted to have the same hair color as one you’re your favorite cartoons from when you were little?
Maybe you liked a fairy that had blue hair, or a high school student that had it pink. Well, think no more, you can have parts of your hair with those fairy tales colors you will look awesome with them, and the better part of this all is that they work with every hair color! You have black hair?
You can add some pink highlights into the mix. Brown hair? Purple will make it look with more style! Blonde hair?
Some blue highlight will definitely do the trick for you.
If there were any rules for highlighting your hair they definitely don’t apply at the time of having your hair highlighted with fantasy colors.
Remember to follow your heart
The most important thing to do before even trying to change your look is to research, and look at all the options that you have so you know what are your options and will know what you want in your hair, and what you can do to it.
Also, we have told you some shades that can work seamlessly with your hair color, but you don’t have to follow this advices, you can apply any shade and color that you want to your amazing short hair.
Altogether, this also means that you shall not follow the highlights that are on trend right now, your style is your and you should not change it just to go with the trends if you do not like them or don’t fit with your style, always be true to yourself and don’t change your ways to just be on fashion.
Taking care of your short hair with highlights
Now that you already have your highlights we need to take care of them, the easiest way to keep your hair healthy after the rough treatment of the hair dye is to keep it hydrated with conditioner and even adding oils to your scalp at least half an hour before washing your hair.
In general, it is a good idea to lower the days in which you wash your hair as usually shampoos wash your hair, but they also dry it when you over use it and in addition, you don’t let your hair’s natural oils to come out keeping your hair the healthiest it can be.
Oils are a women best friend when wanting to take care of her body when it gets dry! You can usea them in your hair, your nails, and even your face to remove make up.
The ones that are recommended are jojoba oil and coconut oil.
Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to keep reading our posts and if you liked it, make sure to share with your friends and family to let them know how to have the best results when they have a change of look.
¡Por cierto! Antes de que te vayas, queremos recomendarte esto que seguro que te interesa:
- Burgundy hair with highlights
- Brunette Highlights
- Ash Brown Highlights
- Orange highlights
- Men highlights
- Grey Highlights
- Ash blonde highlights
- Cap highlights
- Ombre Highlights
Son una serie de contenidos a parte del que has leído que puede ser interesante para tí ¡Muchas gracias por leernos!